Tuesday, August 31

School Daze

Tomorrow I officially start a new chapter in my life: I am going back to school.

It's been 2 1/2 years since I've stepped foot in a classroom.  I dreamt last night that I was late for my first class, and then, due to to much socializing, I completely missed my second class.  I hope that dream does not come true!

I am nervous about school tomorrow for many reasons.
1) I am taking anatomy and physiology. I have not taken a science class since junior year of high school (11 years ago!) and have not biology since freshman year... ugh!


(My anatomy book. I hope it is easy to understand!)

2) I am going to a school I have never attended before. I am not familiar with the campus, the teachers, the students, etc. I have a hard time accepting change - tomorrow will be no different.

3) I am leaving Little Man for the whole day. Every Wednesday, for the next 15 weeks, I will be away from Little Man for the majority of his awake time. As much I know I will enjoy the break of motherhood to focus on me for a little bit (let's face it, all mothers need their "me" time) I will miss him terribly.

4) I am leaving Little Man alone with Dear Husband every Wednesday for the next 15 weeks.  Dear Husband has not had much alone time with Little Man. A few hours here and there, while I go to the gym, or get my nails done.  Once, I was gone for a large part of the day, but I was easily accessible if Dear Husband needed to call me.  I know he can handle it, but it'll take me a few weeks before I'll really be at ease with the situation. Which is silly because Dear Husband is a wonderful and attentive father.  Now that I think about it, he should be fine.

1 comment:

Brianna said...

Good luck!! Enjoy your 'me' time while you're in class, and the look on your LO's face when your return to him!