Saturday, July 17

Yum Yum Food

I was feeling creative a few nights back and decided to make my own "Lemon Chicken Pasta"

I pounded a chicken breast to about 1/2" thick and cut it in half and then rolled it around in some flour.

Then I heated up my cast iron frying pan and poured some olive oil in... about 2-3 tbsp. Then I sprinkled in some garlic salt. After the pan was nice and hot, I placed the (now in 2 pieces) chicken breast and let it cook for about 5 minutes on one side, then I flipped it over and finished the cooking on the other side. Afterwards, I took the chicken out of the pan and covered it so it would stay nice and hot. I deglazed the frying pan with some white wine (about 1/2 cup) and let that simmer a bit, then I added about a 1/4 cup of lemon juice and a teaspoon on minced garlic. I let it simmer some more until I was sure all the flavors melded together. Lastly, I added some sour cream (about a tablespoon) to thicken the sauce a bit.

The chicken and the sauce was added to some angel hair pasta and broccoli.

Considering I did this with no recipe, it turned out nice. I would only say that next time, I may add some sugar (brown perhaps) to counteract the acidity of the lemon. Otherwise it was Yum Yum and I'll definitely be making it again!

No comments: