Tuesday, July 20

Helmet Stares

When I am out with Little Man, I get a lot of looks in our direction because of his helmet.  I don't mind because it's not everyday you see a baby looking like he is ready to to catch the winning pass in the end zone.

Most people don't ask what it is for. They just look confused and go on their merry way. Sometimes you get the brave ones that ask some humorous questions. "Does he fall down a lot?" "Is he wearing a hockey helmet?" I don't mind those because I know they are genuinely interested in the helmet and aren't familiar with placgiocephaly. I had no idea about until Little Man was diagnosed!

The best are the kids that want to know what it is all about. "Is his head broken?" It's hard to explain to kids why he wears the helmet, so I just tell them that he has a crooked head and it needs to be straightened out. That seems to work.

Here are shots of the newest helmet design.
We're doing a "Outer Space" theme this week.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Ahhh I love it! I've never found nice planet stickers for Kieran's helmet :(