Wednesday, July 21

I Yam What I Yam

Except when a yam is really a sweet potato.

But I digress. I have been making baby food for Little Man for awhile now. We started him on solids at 4 months (with his pediatrician's okay) and have been treating him to many yummy fruits and veggies since.

First was an avocado, then he had carrots, butternut squash, peas, yellow squash, apples, and bananas. But his favorite food right now is yams/sweet potatoes. This makes me happy since they are easy to make.

I clean them, wrap them in aluminum foil, then bake them at 400 degrees for an hour.



(after baking)


Then I pull the skins away from the meat (really easy to do once they are cooked) and put in my mini-prep food processor. A blender would also work for this task.



(yam meat in the processor)


I blend them until they are a smooth consistency, then jar 'em up and put 'em in the freezer.
Yum Yum Food for Little Man!

No comments: