Thursday, October 7

Boo!

It's been awhile, but with school and trying to keep up with such a mobile baby boy, I haven't had much time to update.
But today, during Little Man's second nap (I think we're officially down to 2 naps a day!) I am taking the time to write.

I am officially counting down to Halloween. It is one of my favorite holidays. I love dressing up and decorating. And on Halloween night I love to see the costumes the kids in our neighborhood come up with. (Although sometimes I feel so old because I don't recognize the character a child is dressed as....)

Little Man during my "photo shoot" of him
 for Halloween cards for the Grandparents

This year, I am making our costumes. I decided due to his blond hair and his affinity to hit things, Little Man will be Bam Bam Rubble.

So that means Dear Husband and I are going to be Barney and Betty Rubble.

All 3 costumes are relatively easy to make, so instead of shelling out $20 each (at minimum), I'll have all 3 of dressed up for less than $15. Woo hoo!

To add to Little Man's first Halloween fun, we picked up some pumpkins at a local nursery to carve later this month. (Dear Husband and I learned a few years back that you shouldn't carve a pumpkin more than 2 weeks before Halloween because rotting pumpkins on your front porch are not attractive!)

Not our pumpkins, but you get the idea...

I will try to remember to post pictures of our creations. I also want to throw out there that my pumpkin will be better looking than Dear Husband's. Don't feel bad for him; It's one of the few things I can actually do better than him....

No comments: